When using the iPhones a warning message may appear whilst using the Move.ai app. We understand this can cause confusion and concern as to what is happening to your phone when messages arise.
“Drop” messages appear on the host in the following situations:
- batteryLevel / when a remote camera’s reported battery level is below 20%
- freeDiskSpace / when a remote camera has less than 20mb.
- thermalState / when a remote camera reports either serious or critical values.
- avPressureLevel / when a remote camera reports either serious, critical or shutdown values.
thermalState descriptions from Apple:
- Nominal: No corrective action is needed.
- Fair: The system has reached a state where fans may become audible (on systems which have fans). Recommendation: Defer non-user-visible activity.
- Serious: Fans are running at maximum speed (on systems which have fans) , system performance may be impacted. Recommendation: reduce application’s usage of CPU, GPU and I/O, if possible. Switch to lower quality visual effects, reduce frame rates.
- Critical: System performance is significantly impacted and the system needs to call down. Recommendation: reduce applications usage of CPU, GPU and I/O to the minimum level needed to respond to users actions. Consider stopping use of camera and other peripherals if your application is using them.
avPressureLevel descriptions from Apple:
- Nominal: System pressure level is normal (not pressured)
- Fair: System pressure is slightly elevated
- Serious: System pressure is highly elevated. Capture performance may be impacted. Framerate throttling is advised
- Critical: System pressure is critically elevated. Capture quality and performance are significantly impacted. Frame rate throttling is highly advised.
- Shutdown: System pressure is beyond critical. Capture must immediately stop.