WHO ARE WE?
We are Move AI Limited (registered number 11886662 and with registered offices at International House, 142 Cromwell Road, London, United Kingdom, SW7 4EF) (“Move AI”, “we”, “us”, “our”).
Move AI is the controller for your personal data. Please read the following policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will fulfil our commitment to protecting and respecting your privacy.
DATA THAT WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
You may provide to us, or we may collect from you, the following types of personal data when you interact with us through the App:
- Contact: first name, surname, email address and address
- Financial: payment card details, billing address, purchase information, payment history
- Profile: your preferences for marketing, your contact history and feedback on your experiences (through reviews and surveys)
- Video: video images, height
We may also collect the following types of personal data from you when you use the App. Please read our Cookies Notice at the bottom of this page carefully for more information.
- Technical: this may include device IDs, browser type, IP address, hardware type, network and software identifiers, location data, operating system and system configuration, log files and ‘web beacons’
- Usage: visitor information e.g. time spent on page, click-throughs, download errors, browsing patterns
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Data about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health, and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
The App is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time. You don’t have to provide other data but if you don’t, you may not be able to use certain functions of the App and may not receive the optimal user experience.
WHY DO WE USE YOUR DATA AND WHAT ARE OUR LEGAL GROUNDS
The table below sets out how we use your personal data and our lawful basis for doing so in each case.
Why we use your data
What data we use
Why we’re allowed to use your data for these purposes
Registering your account
Perform our contract with you
Providing you with products or services that you request
Perform our contract with you
Perform our contract with youNecessary to comply with a legal obligation
Internal administration and record keeping purposes
Perform our contract with youNecessary to comply with a legal obligationOur legitimate interests (for the effective operation of our business)
Verify your identity and detect fraud and security issues
Contact, Financial, Profile, Technical, Usage
Our legitimate interests (to prevent/detect fraud and criminal activity)
Administer and protect our company, our App and our services/products (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, maintenance and support)
Contact, Technical, Usage
Our legitimate interests (for the effective administration of our App and services/products)Necessary to comply with a legal obligation
Use data analytics and AI / machine learning technologies to improve our App, services/products, marketing, user relationships and experiences
Contact, Technical, Usage, Video
Our legitimate interests (to keep our App updated and relevant, to develop our organisation and to inform our marketing strategy)
Providing support, including answering your questions by e-mail or phone
Perform our contract with youOur legitimate interests (to ensure our customers are satisfied with our services)
Get in touch with you about relevant Move AI products and services
Our legitimate interests (to promote our services)Consent
Improve and personalise your user experience by delivering more relevant content whilst you browse, ensuring that our content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device, to remember your preferences and to enable you to participate in interactive features of our App
Contact, Profile, Technical, Usage
Our legitimate interests (to develop our business, improve our user experience and inform our marketing strategy)
Enable you to feedback to Move AI through reviews and surveys
Contact, Profile, Technical, Usage
Our legitimate interests (to develop our business, services and products)
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to the following types of third parties:
- service providers, employees or contractors that we have retained to perform services or work on our behalf;
- our external consultants who assist with the development and delivery of our products and services;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our App and products;
- companies who assist with our marketing, customer surveys and feedback tools;
- third parties who help us detect fraud or criminal activity; and
- our group companies, affiliates and licensees.
We may also need to disclose your personal information in the following circumstances:
- if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to a binding regulatory request (in each case, such disclosure will be solely to the extent required by law or the applicable regulatory request);
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets we may be required to disclose certain of your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
DO WE TRANSFER/HANDLE YOUR DATA OUTSIDE OF THE EEA?
Some of our external third parties are also based outside the UK / EEA so their processing of your personal data will involve a transfer of data outside the UK / EEA. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK / EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring that appropriate safeguards are implemented.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the UK / EEA.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA SECURE?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to protect against loss, misuse or unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of your personal data. We also make sure that when we are required to share your information with third parties, they are subject to suitable confidentiality and security standards.
Despite the security measures that we implement, please be aware that the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. As such, we cannot guarantee that information transmitted to us via the internet will be completely secure and any transmission is at your own risk.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR DATA?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
THIRD PARTY SITES
The App may provide links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently from the App. We have no control over third party policies or the terms of the relevant third party website and we are not responsible for their content, maintenance or availability. You should therefore check their policy before continuing to access the website.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- ask us for a copy of the personal data we hold about you;
- correct or update your personal data;
- request that we delete your personal data;
- object to the handling of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (as set out in the above table);
- restrict the processing of your personal data;
- request the transfer of your personal data (or some of it) to a third party service provider; or
- where you have provided your consent for something, in certain circumstances, you may withdraw this consent (but note that we may continue to use your personal data if we have legal grounds for doing so).
Please contact us using the details below if you would like to exercise your rights, which you can do for free. We may charge a reasonable fee in certain circumstances, including where your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances. Otherwise, we will always respond within one month (unless there is a reason for us to take longer in which case we will inform you).
If it is not clear to us who is making the request, we may ask you to confirm your identity before we proceed.
You may also contact the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office) if you have any concerns about the way we are handling your personal data. However, where possible, please speak to us first as we would appreciate the opportunity to help with your concern.
HOW TO OPT-OUT OF COMMUNICATIONS
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information or if you have any queries about how we use your personal information, please let us know by contacting us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your device or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our App. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our App, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
Third Party Cookies:
We do not share any cookies with any Third Parties.