Platform Release Notes
20th March 2023
🚀 Users last run settings are used as default
- When a user is starting a new run, the system attempts to prefill the run form with the settings used for the last run.
🚀 Better timezone handling
- Timezones are now handled in a better and more consistent way. The system uses the timezone on the users profile first, before falling back to the timezone on the users company.
7th March 2023
🚀 Improved UX for Calibration
- Added tooltips for the start/end times on the Calibration form
- Added guidelines for users on why their calibrations may have failed in the notification email they get on a failed calibration
🚀 Improved Rigs processing speed to be 6-8 minutes faster
🚀 UI changes
- Rigs are now listed alphabetically on the rigs page and in the Take run dropdown
- Different status icon for cancelled runs
- Minor UI bug fixes
3rd March 2023
In the following scenario we were previously logged usage twice:
- User has move credits (i.e. 100)
- User starts a calibration
- User start an action run before the calibration is finished (causing the action run to be queued)
- The action run costs 50 credits (for example)
- We deduct 50 credits from the users account
- When the calibration finishes the action run starts
- We then incorrectly deducted another 50 credits from their account
In the event that the second deduction of credits took them over the amount that they have on their account (and they were unsubscribed) an error would be raised and the action take run would be deleted.
This bugfix resolves the issue where we logged the usage again when the calibration completed
2nd March 2023
- If a run used move credits and stripe credits an error would be raised when logging the credits to stripe. This caused the user to not have their usage logged to stripe.
- This bugfix now correctly allows the usage to be logged to stripe
28th February 2023
Styling of login and signup page
- Made the login and signup pages look better - both on desktop and mobile.
28th February 2023
🚀 Ability to add a promotion code during checkout
- When accessing the stripe checkout a customer can now assign a promotion code
27th February 2023
🐞 Bugfixes and minor UI updates:
- Fix issue with using Rig PRESETS with ready-only rigs
- fixed issue with not showing Motion output for read-only rigs
- fixed issue with rig progress bar not instantly updating
- fixed issue causing Copy new from to fail for some Sessions
- zeros as default values for video start-timing fields in calib/take forms
- improve loading of take details page
- Organisation is now called Workspace on registration page
- Other minor bug fixes
20th February 2023
🚀 Unlimited Rigs to upload for all users
We’ve removed the limit on the number of rigs that you can upload.
🚀 9 newly added rigs ready to use for all users
We’ve added 9 new rigs - 13 rigs in total that are ready to use including UE5, Roblox, Decentraland, ReadyPlayerMe, Mixamo and more!
Note: we’ve also renamed the following rigs as follows:
- moveai_male_rig_v4 → Move_Mo
- moveai_female_rig_v4 → Move_Ve
- UE4_mannequin_v4 → Mannequin_UE4
- metahuman_v4 → Metahuman_M
🐞 Bug fixes:
- Fixed issue with auto-populating Take/Calibration titles with invalid names
- Fixed issue that avoids inputting 'Action end time' that exceeds the selected videos length
- Fixed issue with causing the wrong rig preview to be initially displayed on the Run Settings form
- Improve UX on mobile browser for both portrait and landscape modes
- Fixed bug disallowing some users from creating new Takes if the video resolutions mismatched
9th February 2023
🚀 Improved foot contact
Issues with jittery feet have been addressed and foot contact is now improved. Blue is the improved model.
🚀 Additional Spine bone for higher fidelity animation
Users will now be able to map two spine bones instead of just one, resulting in more realistic representations of the spine. The second spine bone is optional (see below in red).
Note: Move.ai rigs have been updated accordingly to v4.
🚀 Improved tracking
The quality of tracking has been improved to better handle extreme moves like breakdance and backflips.
🚀 Export related improvements
This release contains several improvements regarding the exports as follows:
- Mapped bones are exported even if they don’t have assigned vertex weights.
- Root bone is always exported.
- Namespaces export for .fbx.
- Support of new export files: GLTF, C3D
🚀 Render preview changes
The "unknown_" actor's label above the head has been changed to "moveai_" on the render preview while the default actor name and the output file name have also been changed. Additionally, the move.ai logo has been added.
🚀 Processing time speed ups
The processing of calibration is now 2x faster while action takes have been speed up by 1.2x thanks to several improvements in current release.
26th January 2023
🐞 Bugfix with downloading Take outputs from home and Session pages
Fixed a bug that on the Home and Session pages that was preventing users from downloading Take output files when they click on the corresponding Download icon.
24th January 2023
🚀 Support of USD and BVH file formats
We now support USD and BVH file formats along with FBX and MAYA, you can select the output file formats you wish and whether to add FBX namespaces from the “Formats” section in the Take Run Settings form:
Note: C3D and GLTF formats will be available soon.
🚀 Take downloads redesign:
We have updated the Downloads UI to allow for the different output file formats. We also added an “Additional Files” section where you can download the used rig, a rendered video of the output amination and an FBX file with the calibrated cameras:
12th January 2023
🐞 Bugfix with creating a new Session from an existing Session
Fixed a bug when you try creating a new Session from an existing Iphone Session via the “Create new from…” button that was causing the page to be stuck on “processing please wait”.
12th January 2023
🚀 Ability to create a new Session from an existing Session
You can now create a new Session from an existing one where you can drop one or more cameras or modify the Session info without the need to re-upload any videos. By clicking on the “Create new from…” button available on the top right of an existing Session - you will be able to select the video cameras you want to have in your new Session and this will create a copy of the current Session only with the selected camera videos. Note: No Takes/Calibrations are copied.
🚀 Maya file option for Rigs with controllers
You can now upload an optional Maya file for rig controllers alongside your rig file. You can then click on each controller crescent around bones and fingers to do the mapping.
🐞UI Minor changes and Bugfixes
- pop-up forms are now scrollable on small screens
- fixed UI issues with selecting videos when creating Takes on a mobile browser
- video upload section is now at the bottom of a Session page.
3rd January 2023
🐞 Bug Fix where uploaded files were being sent to the static folder
Fixed an issue where uploaded files were being sent to the static folder on S3 - rather than the media folder.
15th December 2022
🐞 500 Error fix with rendering run status
Fixed an issue with parsing the Failed run status message that was causing 500 error on accessing some Takes and Sessions pages.
14th December 2022
🚀 Queuing Takes to run once an active Calibration is complete
No longer need to wait to for a calibration to be processed then starting a Take run. You can now create a Take, select the in progress calibration and the run will get queued (with a blue status icon). If the calibration completes successfully any queued Takes will be processed immediately without the need of any further input from the user. In case the calibration has failed, any queued Take runs will be automatically cancelled. 🚀 UI updates:
- Video files are now listed in alphabetical ordering for easier lookup
- For Failed runs, a refined message stating the reason of failure along with a link to contact support will be shown on hovering over the Failed status icon
5th December 2022
🚀 Take/Calibration titles are auto-populated with the selected video file names
No need to input Take/Calibration titles anymore! When you create new Takes/Calibrations, their titles will be auto populated with the corresponding video file names.
🚀Rig mapping pre-sets
You will now be able to pre-set a new rig with body and finger mappings from an existing rig. If you have uploaded a rig which is similar to an existing rig that you’ve already mapped - you can now use the pre-sets functionality to import the mappings from an existing rig and it will copy the body and finger mappings across.
Note: It is highly recommended that you only use this feature if both rigs have identical bone namings and that you double-check that the mappings are correct before proceeding to avoid processing failures.
🚀 Other Minor Changes:
- Removal of the Actor profile feature for Prosumer Organisations
- Renamed “Username” to “Email” on the login page.
- Some UI bug fixes
29th November 2022
🚀 Support for GoPro Hero 10 cameras in 2.7k resolution
You can now create Sessions with GoPro Hero 10 at 2.7k resolution.
29th November 2022
🐞 Bugfix with setting up Organisation default Rigs
Fixed an issue with setting up the default Rigs for new Organisations that signed up from 21/11/2022. This issue caused Take runs to fail. You should be able to run these Takes again.
24th November 2022
🐞 Bug fix with processing Rigs
Fixed an issue with processing rigs causing them to fail. If you uploaded a rig between 21-11-2022 and 24-11-2022 that has failed, you will need to go to this rig page and click on the update button to re-process it.
22th November 2022
🐞 Bugfix with the Platform access
Fixed an issue that caused the Platform to be slow/unresponsive between 21-Nov-22 and 22-Nov-22.
21st November 2022
🚀 You can now invite users to join your organisation
There may be other users within your organisation who also wish to join. In order to add additional users, you will need to access the ‘invite users’ tab which is now situated in the top right of the page when clicking on your account name.
Once they signed up, they will be able to see your Move projects and collaborate!
🚀 Speed improvement with setting up a new user accounts
6x speed improvement with signing a new user and setting up their organisation with the default Move Rigs.
🚀 Runs are now faster by 4-6 minutes
We have reduced the burden of initialising new Calibration/Take runs, making them run faster by 4-6 minutes.
🚀 Support Form added to the side nav. bar
You can now access the support form to submit any problems from the side nav. bar on the platform.
🐞Fixed bug with Session uploaded videos not playing on different browsers
Once video files are uploaded via the Iphone app, the videos could be in a progress state (meaning its still encoding) and you won’t be able to play it or use it for take/calib/actor creation, this should take a couple of minutes and then without refreshing you will be able to play and select the videos to create your takes/calibs.
🐞 Fixed bug with generating Maya HIK files for Take run
You will be able to download Maya file outputs for your new Take runs.
10th November 2022
🚀 Your Company is now called Organisation
We have replaced the term “Company” with “Organisation” across the platform.
Ex: When you sign up you will be asked to provide a name for your “Organisation”.
Note: In upcoming releases you will be able to invite users to join your Organisation.