NVIDIA Omniverse Extension
This will allow you to access a library of raw motion assets created using Move.ai directly in the Ominverse software.
- Open the Omniverse Launcher and navigate to the Exchange tab.
- Click on the Create Software and using the dropdown box, install the latest version of Create.
- Launch the Create Software.
- Under the Window tab in the toolbar, click Extensions.
- Inthe Extensions window, click on the menu button (three horizontal lines) and click Import Selection.
- Select the extension zip file you have downloaded and click Import.
- If running Create 2022.2.2 or older, select the NVIDIA collection tab (rather than Community) and search for Move.ai.
- If running Create 2022.3.1, select the Third Party collection tab (rather than NVIDIA) and search for Move.ai.
- Hit the toggle to enable the extension, this may take a few seconds to complete.
- You'll now see the Move.ai Public Asset Library window appear at the bottom of your screen, containing a library of raw motion assets created using Move.ai
- Select the Viewport tab.
- At the top of the Move.ai window, you can choose where you'd like to store the motion assets when you download them. By default this will be set to the same location as your extension file is stored.
- Click Import Motion on any assets you'd like to us and then they will be imported to your Viewport once complete.
- Once the asset is downloaded, you an use it offline in the future by navigating to the content window and finding your file location, or pasting your file path in the searchbar and then dragging the file into the Viewport.
- If you'd like to view the skeleton of the raw data, you can enable the Skeleton Joint extension in the Extensions tab.
- At the bottom of the Move.ai window you'll see a button to register for our iPhone Beta Programme, give it a go!
- Unzip the extension file
- Navigate to the folder \moveai.assets-1.0.0+cp37\exts
- Copy the full filepath - e.g. c:/users/name/downloads/omniverse extension/moveai_omniverse_extension/moveai.assets-1.0.0+cp37/exts
- Click on the gear button
- Under Extension Search Paths, add this path
- The Extension will show up under NVIDIA tab.
If you'd like to retarget our animations to specific rigs with Omniverse retargeter, make sure you add a custom mapping tag for the Hips joint to both the source and target rigs as shown in the video below.
There is currently a bug in the Linux version of Omniverse Create 2022.3.1 that causes problems with importing .fbx files. This issue will be fixed in the next release of Omniverse, but in the meantime, you can use the following workaround to fix the problem: 1. In the outliner, select the imported animation prim 2. Go to Properties and remove the "file:" prefix in the Payload path 3. Rotate the prim -90 degrees on the X axis