iPhone App Release Notes
App Store Releases
The new Move.ai app has dramatically lowered the barrier to entry on motion capture, enabling anyone and everyone to start exploring its potential. No suits required. Move.ai is bringing high-fidelity markerless motion capture to the masses. Through its new self-titled app, Move.ai, users can discover studio-quality mocap, in the palm of their hand. With a minimum of two iPhones and a maximum of six, users can capture motion data from anyone, anywhere, at AAA game studio quality. The app works with most iPhones, from the iPhone 8 onwards, up to the latest iPhone 14 model, running iOS 16 or above
The new Move.ai app has dramatically lowered the barrier to entry on motion capture, enabling anyone and everyone to start exploring its potential. No suits required. Move.ai is bringing high-fidelity markerless motion capture to the masses. Through its new self-titled app, Move.ai, users can discover studio-quality mocap, in the palm of their hand. With a minimum of two iPhones and a maximum of six, users can capture motion data from anyone, anywhere, at AAA game studio quality. The app works with most iPhones, from the iPhone 8 onwards, up to the latest iPhone 14 model, running iOS 16 or above.
Major bug fixes to make capturing more stable. UX / UI improvements to allow you to capture your data quicker and easier than ever 1.724 Feb 2023
What's new : Fixed issue where camera id was resetting to 0 on upload to the webapp. Fixed UI issues and improved clarity when errors occurred and how to resolve them Improved stability between cameras and host during capture session Added CTA to inform the user to proceed to the webapp to process their capture session.
Fixes and improvement to stability with connections between the host device and the cameras. Improvements to uploading to ensure issues are minimised
We have improved the stability of the app, improved uploading of scenes and takes and improved the clarity when things go wrong.
- Ability to rename scenes
- Update UI showing the status & location of video files (on camera, host or cloud)
- Update UI during uploads and transfer to show more details
- Limit uploads to cloud to one concurrent upload per device.
- Added a Timecode track to the exported video for use with 3rd party sync apps
- Added create account link to login screen
- Added ability to delete takes from the post recording screen
- Added T+C, Privacy and EULA links to settings page
Major stability improvements with respect to connections between capture devices and the host as well as uploading the data.
Full regression test
Fix for some users experiencing a crash when trying to record.
Improved the way cameras join sessions. They will now cycle periodically (30 seconds) if they find no host device. This should eliminate the need to manually exit and rejoin a session on the cameras. Fixed the issue where some devices were not disabling the auto sleep function Added the ability to set the cameras "name" in the settings screen (iOS16 disabled sharing the device name) Misc UI and Design tweaks and fixes
Changed the default device type to be optional. This will allow iPhone8s to join a recording session. The priority of device types is
- integrating more secure "Saved Passwords". This might require you to sign into the move.ai website once on the device in order to access the password in the app.
- added a "red dot" recording indicator into the small previews on the host
- added "rotate your device" instruction into the camera screens to ensure correct orientation of videos
- replaced the camera preview screen with a new one. Larger preview, nicer layout, big red dot to indicate recording status
- added some more buttons and instructions to the manage session screen on the host to make it simpler to exit the recording session and return to the app home screen
- improved the layout and information on the transfer to host and upload to web progress views
- fixed an issue where the video preview of existing takes overlayed the navigation bar on the host
- fixed some minor UI issues
- FIX: Save to camera not closing session
IMPORTANT: This update introduces a breaking change. You must update both the host and camera devices for it to work!
Change log: Major
- Removed camera selection screen. All sessions now use the "Generic iPhone" settings (iPhone 8 to 14)
- Changed host to camera communication protocols. Now more reliable (cameras joining later or rejoining will start streaming without a refresh and will have complete copy of scene and take information).
- Fixed occasional visual lag in the live previews
- Auto select text fields
- Fix layout of screens on iPad
- Updated battery level indicator color
- Added session detail information to manage session screen
- Improved UI for reviewing video from takes
IA-109: UI/UX Tweaks to the settings page IA-146: Brand color demo view update IA-105: UI/UX Tweaks to the sign in page (autofocus text field) IA-106: UI/UX Tweaks to the home page IA-129: Create brand color demo view IA-123: UI/UX Tweaks to the new scene name pop up IA-152: Improvements to the re-uploadfunctionality to support files transferred to host IA-152: Sort sessions on home screen to be descending data order (newest at top) IA-154: Improvements to the re-upload, transfer to host and upload to web progress screens IA-154: Increase warning threshold levels IA-154: Set the default camera to IPHONE_GENERIC
- Removed artificial scaling of UI to match designs more closely
- Added JWT decoding for future use
- Created a Battery level indicator
- Improved camera to remote system info
- New layout for recording control screen
- Rearranged and renamed the CTAs on the post recording control screen
- UI tweaks
- Design system demo
- Improved functionality for re-uploading videos
- Support for mixed iPhones. Use any combination of devices from iPhone8 to iPhone14 as cameras.
- Improved upload reliability.
- Camera status notifications. The cameras now notify the host if they are struggling (storage, battery or overheating)
- Improved screen designs.
- Lots of other "under the hood" tweaks.
- Camera Intrinsics and timing added to video meta data
- Fixed scrolling on re-upload screen
- Added iPad navigation support
- Beta Release
Full change-log will be threaded on Monday after the open PR's have been closed. Highlights:
- Post recording screens are all new (IA-37 IA-38 IA-39 IA-40)
- UI Tweaks