Before you capture a performance, you need to configure your GoPro settings, you can either do this on the GoPros themselves or via the GoPro Tools for Heros mobile app.
Our platform supports the upload of clips from GoPro Hero 8, 9 & 10 cameras. Previous GoPro cameras are not currently supported.
If the Tools for Hereos app has not been set up before, you'll need to pair it. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Download the Camera Tools for Hereo s app from this LINK.
- Turn on the GoPro and go to Connections and then to Connect Device.
- Select GoPro Quick App (even though we are not using this).
- Open the Tools for Heros App and select the + symbol to add a camera.
- The app will now pair with the camera, select Connect Camera to confirm this
If you have set up the app before, follow these steps:
Make sure the Bluetooth is turned on and that the GoPro you wish to set up is turned on.
- Select the + symbol on the bottom right of the app and add your camera.
- Once all cameras have been added and connected, clikc the settings option within the Control All Cameras section, choose any camera to be the master and then apply the settings below of your choe. The frame rate may not be applied correctly if the Anti Flicker is different between cameras, so set this first.
- Synchronizing date and time must be done individually on each GoPro in the app. To do this, select Date and Time and choose SET TO CURRENT DATE.
HD/4K - dependant on desired volume
50/100 (Indoor) or 60/120 (Outdoor) - dependant on speed of motion
Flat (Indoor) or Natural (Outdoor)
50Hz (Indoor) or 60Hz (Outdoor) - Based on UK lighting refresh rate, please check if this differs for your country!
H.264 + HEVC
You can control multiple GoPro's simulataneously using the app:
- First, hit the Control all Cameras button and hit Connect all.
- Then check all cameras are connected by showing as so in green.
- Frame up the cameras by checking the live preview by tapping on the picture frame icon.
- Press Control all Cameras again.
- Select Record all.
- When your action take or calibration has finished, select Stop all.
- You can also power all cameras off by selecting Control all Cameras followed by Power off all.