We have a few minimum pre-requisites which your camera will need to meet:
Horizontal FOV: 65-100° Sensor: 1/2.3 CMOS equivalent or better Resolution: 1920x1080 FPS: 60
Adding a new camera type is pretty straightforward - but you will need to make sure you are in contact with your move.ai team member or message firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bear in mind:
- You will need to capture a separate calibration for each orientation of a camera (e.g. portrait and landscape)
- If using an iPhone, you must use the app to capture the video to ensure the camera settings are the same as when you capture your shoot.
We'll also need you to take a checkerboard calibration take for your camera type. The way to do this is easy but keep the follow in mind:
- Keep the board in in the camera's viewfinder at all times - do not lose more than the outer row of checkers from the camera view.
- Do not move too quickly - we don't want any motion blur here!
- Make sure you rotate the checkerboard and/or the camera (if the checkerboard is flat to a surface) on all axis so that you capture the rotational angles as fully as possible.
If you don't have a checkerboard, you can download this file and print it out. Remember to keep it as flat as possible! Laminating the board is advisable.
Example Checkerboard Calibration
Follow the steps in this video in order to get an accruate checkerboard calibration.